Help Your Child Stay Safe Online
Learn the basics of Internet safety
Children use a variety of online websites and each of these websites can have different safety concerns. However, there are some basic tips which you can employ no matter how your children use the Internet.
- Keep the computer in an area of your house where you always pass.
- Establish limits for which online sites children may visit and delimit how long they can use their devices.
- Remember that Internet technology can be mobile, so make sure to monitor cell phones, gaming devices, and laptops.
- Surf the Internet with your children and let them show you what they like to do online.
- Know who is connecting with your children online and set rules for social networking, instant messaging, e-mailing, online gaming, and using webcams.
- Continually dialogue with your children about online safety.
"Basic Internet Safety." Netsmartz. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 May 2015.